Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Seven, Saks & A Bit of Sparkle


This Christmas was one for the books and my family and I had a wonderful time. I hope that you did too! Now that the day is over I hope that all of your shopping efforts paid off and everyone was pleased with their gifts. It all goes by so fast and then the after Christmas sales commercials and emails start mid-morning to remind you that there is even more shopping to do. Now this year was rare as figures report that on Christmas Day online shopping increased about 16% from last year proving that many people are still anxious to find the deals while the rest of us were busy opening the old ones that we had just purchased, in some cases the day before.  I witnessed a Christmas Day shopper at our family gathering on his phone making purchases of steeply discounted luxury goods and though I was appalled this was taking place, I was also intrigued by the ability to never stop shopping these days. 



However, I must stick to tradition and this had me attending the Saks Fifth Avenue Sale the days following Christmas. The women in our family had always gone if only to window shop. I shopped both online & in-store and found an amazing deal on these 7 For All Mankind Kimmie Jeans. These jeans are my favorite because they are durable and have extra long inseams. This relaxed look suits my casual dress and I loved the price with the after Christmas discount. I purchased my new pair of designer jeans for less than $50 and they were originally about $200. Just so you know, I am serious about jeans and quality behind a label is of the highest importance to me when shopping.


Though this was an amazing feat unto itself, I must give credit to Aydeli Arizpe for assisting me at Saks. She and the women's manager that evening were so good with answering all of my questions about the sale logistics and available pieces. No pushiness & available exactly when I needed them to be. I cannot stand an overbearing sales person. I was treated to good quality Saks service & found myself the perfect fitting pair of jeans for spring at a bargain price. 


And guess what else? She liked sparkles and this is a not so good pic of her amazing New Year's Eve (#NYE) dress by Parker. She say sequins, sparkles & overall shininess  are perfect for the festive season in any form no matter where you are going. How wonderfully stylish is this dress? 
Parker dress front
Parker dress back
Similar dress


I posted my ode to sequins a few days ago as some inspiration for all of you going out or staying in and this dress fits the profile. It is shiny, fun and fitting. The long sleeves will keep you warm if you party hop outside just add a warm & fitted coat with extra-long leather gloves to complete the look. Minimal jewelry is required so this is another reason why sparkles are a perk. They dress themselves up. You don't have to be as chic as this similar Parker dress here (sleeveless (right) can be paired with a coat, gloves, scarf or fur stole for the evening out) but do dazzle yourself up a bit, please. It is #NYE and all the cool kids will have on some sort of opulence & don't you want to be cool? To help you on your road to celebratory coolness, I promise to post some inspirational ways to sparkle in the near future. Maybe tomorrow. Think sparkles for the new year and Happy Shopping! For a bit of my sad but true Saks Fifth Avenue history click here.

What will you be wearing for #NYE2012?