Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Black to Simple


 It is a new year and though some people say it is time to create a new you, I don't buy it. But I will buy my new & no need to be improved latest find. Why reinvent yourself because it is a new year? There should be a conscious and constant betterment of ourselves without the need for fireworks and drunken kisses but the dawn of a new year makes it more fun to self commit.We can often look to the past for resolution inspiration and with the top 3 selections be eating healthier, exercising more, and quitting smoking, the generations gone by selected pretty good resolutions. There is one essential item from the past (dating back to even the 1st century) that I am urging everyone to shop for as we begin our seasonal transition. The black legging. Worn by nobles and hipsters alike, I just cannot say enough about the amazing versatility of this wardrobe staple so I will use my favorite conduit of explanation: list form. Why do I love these?
(Top Right, Bottom RightBelow)
1. They are form fitting    
2. They are stylish      
3. They are comfy

Versatility is key with a wardrobe these days and a good quality pair of black leggings can be paired up & worn with everything from tunics, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. We are all downsizing these days and our wardrobe is not immune. But that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice on our style & clothing quality. Less is definitely more these days so simply buy a pair of two of very good leggings & wear them with everything. I have seen the black legging all over the place from television to Target. They just have a way of making every outfit seem pulled together benefiting us all as mostly anyone can wear them if they properly cover their assests. Think extra long t-shirts, long-sleeved oxfords, dresses and coats. 

Shoptag_img_42075_production_231x300_ssinternal
I don't want to see the shiny ones where you look as if you are stepping out of dance class but playing with textures is easy because they come in an assortment of fabrics & colors, too. I just suggest black because it pairs with everything & I cannot live without it. Here are some Calvin Klein denim ones that are gorgeous and just so happen to come in a variety of bold colors.