Sunday, March 11, 2012

Preppy Spotting

While lunching with the family a few weeks back, I spotted these stylishly preppy pair of loafers on a fellow diner. I had to ask her, before her meal came of course, who they were by and where she got them. They are, of course, Michael Kors just like everything else it seems these days. They do have something for everyone so shop online. If you go to the stores consider yourself warned. You are bound to over shop.

Well this dainty little pairs owner actually bought hers after spotting them on someone else. Great minds think alike I guess because these shoes are great. Loafers are here and they are in right now. This particular pair are great inspiration as I seek out my own pair that are perfect for any time of year. They go with jeans, pants, skirts, and shorts so how can we resist shopping so smart? The take me back to my prep school days where these were required and we surely stretched the limit with the statement, "loafers are necessary". We donned high heeled ones, patent ones, brightly colored ones and all the rest. Hey, there were no specifics. Just loafers. They have a long history of going in and out of style and they are back...again. It seems we have ourselves a little battle of the styles with retro neon making waves as well as the polished preppy strutting down the lane. It's like 1985 all over again and I am loving it.