Thursday, August 16, 2012

NARS & A Night Of Online Shopping

Last month, I participated in Vogue Australia's Online Night of Shopping (VOSN) and purchased this amazing bronzing powder from the luxury beauty brand NARS Cosmetics. This brand is a, "modern cult classic" and known for having an artistic element to its very professional nature. This annual shopping event is one night of huge discounts on all the uber fashion brands as well as international beauty companies like Estee Lauder, L'Occitane, and Crabtree & Evelyn. 
My budget forced me to choose one or the other this VOSN and I went for beauty. My choice of the night was a bit more local because MECCA COSMETICA had top brands with a 15% discount and free shipping. I shopped very carefully for this much needed item and clicked the final purchase button with less than 2 min. left. There was seriously so very much to shop from that I had to narrow down my streamlined shopping cart several times. That is the convenience of shopping online. I can virtually see exactly what I am getting as well as the total price adding up as I go. I have a clear picture of what I am spending just to the right of a screen instead of piled up in a basket. (I love that kind of shopping, too though.)

In addition, MECCA offered up special Online Shopping Night packs full of goodies for this yearly event to customers. But because there were so many shoppers that night, they ran out early. Luckily later shoppers like myself were fully compensated with a deluxe sampling of luxury beauty items. I received everything from serums, and creams, to fragrances and more. Lucky me and I love them all. 

Online Shopping Night is a night of steep discounts and offerings that you don't see any other time except for say, around the holiday seasons. But this type of shopping is all done from the seat of your pants. On your couch. With your credit card in hand and a budget in mind. Snacking on something healthy I hope...

So here is my amazingly wonderful bronzer that I use all of the time. Even on those days that my face is doing nothing but being hideous. NARS has come to my rescue since my school days and from the blush to the eyeliner, it goes on beautifully and stays on long. 

The next shopping extravaganza takes place on...calendars ready...September 6 with events and deals all over the world in honor of Vogue Fashion's Night Out (FNO). Here is some preemptive info for this year's FNO event but more details on all that later. One trip at a time, right?


Find more of our favorites in our online boutique's beauty section here!