Monday, April 8, 2013

The Perfect Ponytail: Side-Parted


It is always a good thing to update your look but for those who are less daring, me, like to keep it simple but still look good. We are starting from the top (of our heads) today and reinvigorating the ponytail but this time we are adding the side part courtesy of Vogue. A ponytail always works. An pull backed coif with a headband keeps all hair at bay or perhaps you want to add a bit of flavor with a big flower a la Josephine Baker. Whatever you choose, the above tutorial will get your pony looking polished. The original article is here and they supply a list of all kinds of luxury products that will make a perfect pony tail but I give you the single tool below and a real story to go with it. My sister and I have a parting ritual that we have partaken in for years. On the last day of our trips together we begin to barter for our own luxury goods. She has amazing taste which is why when I spotted this Mason Pearson brush, I knew that negotiations would be easy. 
Mason Pearson Junior Mixture Nylon/Boar Bristle Brush, $140
Photo courtesy of Mason Pearson via Vogue.com
I swapped a Chanel lip glass and a pashmina scarf for it. It was worth the 2 for 1 trade and considering how fabulous this brush is, I got the real deal this time around. As I take my hair from uber curly to straight, I require some big girl tools to make it happen. Mason Pearson brushes are one of the best tools for your hair using the finest boar bristles around. For over 100 years, they have created brushes that naturally move the oils down the shaft while exfoliating the scalp. This stimulates growth and adds luster. The patented pneumatic cushion conforms to the contours of the scalp, which optimizes brushing with minimal effort.. All of the brushes are handmade (woohoo!) in England and not one animal is harmed in it's creation. How eco-luxurious is that? You are lowering your carbon footprint and you look amazing. 


Shopping smart this time around will require you to spend a bit more but they last for a VERY long time and they are worth every penny. It seriously brushes like no brush you've ever had.