Saturday, September 7, 2013

A New Bronze Box

 There are some of those shopping trips that you just score and this week at Trade Aid, I did just that. I have been searching for a jewelry box to house all of my not so precious baubles but each time I come home from the shops empty-handed. I always felt that my jewelry, however modest, needed a nice place to stay. Having been scattered among random drawers, small boxes and bags, I was over missing earring backs and tangled up chains. It has been a 3 year search and now it is all over.  Say hello to my new jewelry box. It was ethically handcrafted in India from wood and bronze. The detail is amazing with hammered swirls of flowers and decorative foliage. The circle pattern that outlines the edges of both the box and the individual drawers is precisely laid out. Crystal knobs are the perfect addition to give my bronze box the finishing touch. Deep-set drawers, unique design and ethical production standards definitely classify my latest eco-luxury purchase as a smart way to shop. This is one of those special buys that I know will last for forever. Take a look...