Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I've Been Seeing Around Towne: Skulls

A funny little thing we keep spotting are skulls everywhere we go and they have even transcended into the kids department. Just look at little Joey Gorga down there in his PJ's! This is my favorite skull as it is stitched onto the shirt giving it a a very delicate and feminine appeal. I prefer the happy skull. Why the allure of the taboo skull anyway? Is it the hollowness of the eyes? Perhaps it is the Day of the Dead (see card below) creeping up on us? Or is it that we are just a daring bunch that so blatantly use death as a fashion accessory? I don't have the answer but I know that it looks good. A super stylish scary skull may catch a few people off guard as one scarf owner and I discussed but, man they look cool. So for the rest of this post, we will let the heads do the talking...enjoy.